Saturday 18 November 2017

REVIEW; Easy (Contours of the Heart #1), by Tammara Webber

13548456Rating:

Genre: New-Adult, Romance

Recommend: Yes

Book 1

NO SPOILERS!!! 

Summary:

Jacqueline's passion was music, but she foolishly followed her high school boyfriend to his state university, only to be dumped soon later. When one of his friends attacks her, mysterious Lucas saves her. He sits at the back of her classes, always with his head down and busy doodling.
After falling behind in class following her break-up, Jacqueline has to receive help from a tutor by email, Landon, who appears to be crossing the lines of tutor/student boundaries. Jacqueline has to work around her new stalker, Lucas' secrets and Landon's identity. 

My Thoughts:

I've had this on my wishlist since 2014... so three years later I finally got to read it and I was not disappointed. I always worry that books I marked years ago will no longer be relevant or I'd find too young for me now, especially as the characters in this were younger than me.

Jacqueline: Immediately we meet her at the party before she gets attacked. She is quite a strong character, persevering to get a second chance at making up her grade for one. I think she will stand as being quite an empowering character for younger women. When she gets attacked, she tries to just bury it all. But her friend enlists her in self defense classes so she can feel safe. Following another assault, Jacqueline pairs up to report the rapist and Webber highlights how society tend to react when it's a person with status or money behind them. I feel one of the most important scenes was the Sorority taking charge to build a case against him and stand up for the targeted girls, disregarding reputation. 

Story: This was a fantastic story. Never once did it come across as a damsel in distress story; with a good few twists involving characters and their history.  The pacing was brilliant, there was always something of suspense to keep me reading and guessing as to what would be the outcome. 

I don't think much more should be said as it would give more of the plot away, and I believe it should be enjoyed with little known. 

Overall:

This did not disappoint after waiting 3 years to read. A fantastic, heart-wrenching tale of love and heart-break, and the social status game that permeates society.   

No comments:

Post a Comment